In July 2003, the provision of Primary Health Care (PHC) services began at the Gavar Satellite Clinic with the introduction of family medicine services. In June 2004, the Wellness Center began to offer basic Family Medicine at the Yerevan Center as well.
Services include annual check-ups, diagnosis and treatment of common illnesses, as well as public education of healthy lifestyles through the distribution of informative literature/brochures.
The most common of the endocrine diseases are diabetes, thyroid disease, osteoporosis, etc, and the work of endocrinologists in the early diagnosis and treatment of these diseases is crucial.
Endocrine diseases are often required for long-term treatment. In order to prevent further complications of the disease, both an accurate, early diagnosis and precise treatment are important.
The following preventive services are provided at this Department:
- Diagnosis and treatment of pre-diabetes and diabetes mellitus
- Diagnosis and treatment of the metabolic syndrome
- Diagnosis and treatment of thyroid gland diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of hyperprolactinemia
- Diagnosis and treatment of the polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Diagnosis and treatment of hyperandrogenemia
- Diagnosis and treatment of gynecomastia